Our Tea Rooms and Tea House events are warm and friendly where you can chat, be inspired and share ideas.
We tell you beforehand what each session is going to be about and then you sign up for the ones you want to attend. Places are strictly limited and on a first come first serve basis. Priority is given to our community subscribers.
Below are just a few examples of what we offer at our Tearoom and Tea House Events.
Joining in on the Last Wishes Tea Room session held in such a safe, intimate, sacred space, to discuss a very personal decision I had made, was a truly amazing experience, thank you to all who made it possible.
The Last Wishes Tea Room proved to be a safe place in which to explore questions around death and dying. Amanda’s gentle facilitation enabled me to clarify my thoughts whilst being inspired by the sharing of my fellow participants.
The Last Wishes Tea House & Lighter Conversations
The Last Wishes Tea House presents events on a wide variety of themes. They are led by ministers, a teacher, archaeologist and historian, and artist/crafts people. They begin with a presentation or live activity and finish with a discussion. For some events there is a small charge or £2 or £3, although all are free for students of our Last Wishes ambassadors, end-of-life community course, one to one coaching sessions and those training to be teachers, coaches and hosts with us. Below are some examples of events we have run.
Cake and Craft Sessions
- Make a Jewellery Tree with Jean and friends. We show an example and talk about what materials are needed with embellishment ideas.
- Decoupage session – ideas and inspirations provided
- Activity ideas for kids that broach end-of-life or celebrate a loved-one
- Bring your art or craft activity and cake, craft and chat with Jean, Amanda and friends
- Knit and Natter with Jean and friends
- Cooking with Jean’s and teams’ favourite recipes
- Share photos and stories of beloved pets or bring your furry, scaly, feathery friend along and say hello!
Archaeology & History sessions
- Egypt – From the great pyramids to mummified cats everything you thought you knew about the Ancient Egyptians and quite a lot you didn’t! You’ve heard of James Brown but have you heard of Mummy Brown? From Victorian parties to classic horror films to cheesy pop songs take a tour of a few thousand years and chat afterwards about what we can learn from the ancient Egyptians.
- The Alder Tree – Explore an ancient burial site and the history and culture of the alder tree. See how the special properties of the alder led to it being there.
- Grandparents day etc.
Health/wellbeing or Nature meditation
- Feel-good sessions using nature as our guide with a visualisation or meditation and chat afterwards.
- Talking about our favourite paintings and what inspires us.
- Talking about our gardens. Sharing ideas and inspiration.
News Now Sessions
- Take a look at interesting news from around the world.
All of the sessions also use our set of cards but in a creative fun visual way to get you talking and feeling inspired.
Tea & Chat In The Last Wishes Tearooms
These tearoom discussions are free and we offer deeper conversations that cover a variety of end of life considerations, from topics with more serious themes, to lighter more joyful reflections. Last Wishes Tea Rooms can gently guide end of life conversations or open your awareness to the vast variety of options available for you and your loved ones. We let you know beforehand what we are going to talk about.
These deeper Tea Room sessions are designed to support and empower you around your end-of-life choices for you and your family. Last Wishes Tea Rooms are not group therapy or grief counselling, but our conversations are therapeutic, real and refreshing despite the themes. A place to find like-minded folks to talk to and share with.
Please note: These confidential sessions are not recorded. We expect participants to be respectful towards each other at all times. We voice our own thoughts but we do not offer negative opinions on others experiences or belief systems..